Thursday 1 September 2011

Out and about again..

Earlier today I had one of those annoying pointless visits to college, where all you do is sign a form & pay them £40 for I'm not sure what.. punctuated by the useless bus timetables that meant to be there on time I had to spend around four hours travelling/wandering around town like a loner. But anyway, lets not dwell on the pointless aspects..all the world is a catwalk, so I won't miss an opportunity to get dressed up instead of hanging around my house!

Top & Rings - New Look; Skirt - H&M; Denim Jacket - Topshop; Shoes - Oasis; Bag - H! by Henry Holland; Necklace - Avon; Bracelet - Present from parents.
Inspired by my style obsession of yesterday, Olivia Palermo, I decided to try a bit of print clashing. I wasn't totally sure if I could pull it off, but I think toning it down with the denim jacket helped, as did minimal makeup and fuss-free jewellery.
However little point there was to the actual trip to college, wandering around in the sun was more fun than I thought - especially when I got to enjoy a hot chocolate & some Thorntons ice cream - and I did manage to squeeze in a little shopping. No clothes however, since my NUS extra card ran out yesterday and I want to get my discount! I did a lot of looking, have my eye on a few things, and snapped up a cute zebra print file for college.

Since I got home around midday, you're probably wondering why its taken me about 8 hours to post.. the truth is I was preoccupied making cupcakes as a little pick-me-up for my poor mother who went back to school today (she's a teacher). Of course, they weren't totally for her.. I still managed to eat myself sick on leftover icing. But since my fashion inspirations look like they don't touch cake with a barge pole, I probably shouldn't admit to it. Ah well. After that I was trying to catch some rays before I get back to college and have zero time in the sunshine. So anyway, crummy excuses over, hope you enjoyed my ramblings & stylings.. Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment