Monday 5 September 2011

Fashion Confession

Yet again, it's a slightly boring Monday, so I'm going to reveal a little bit more about my fashion psyche..

I have a cupboard spilling over with makeup, but most days end up going with the natural look.

Aren't I boring? As you may have noticed, my normal beauty look is very natural (despite the fact I wear foundation, concealer, mascara, blush, highlighter..), and that all my essentials add up to a low-key, low-maintenance routine. Occasionally I do chuck in a bright lip - my favourite being GOSH lip tint in Berry or Benefit's Benetint - but generally my makeup isn't very 'out there'. And I'm quite ashamed of it, considering I have tens of eyeshadows in pretty much every colour under the sun, and several other bright lipsticks that are just screaming to be worn. I just need to find the fashion balls to wear them! But when I'm getting ready to go out in a hurry, as I invariably am because I always take longer than I think to get ready, I don't want to waste time experimenting.. I just need to be looking good in as short a time as possible. Therefore, the tried and tested formula sticks. Besides, it goes with everything!

That said, I am a bit ashamed of myself, always sticking to exactly the same makeup look.. I'm thinking that although neon brights aren't a huge trend for AW, I am going to try to be a little more adventurous with the new season's hottest makeup looks - metallic eyes, sixties eyeliner flicks and red lips. Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment