Friday 23 September 2011

Today's look.. and a much needed pick-me-up!

Friday finally rolled around, and up until about lunchtime I was feeling SO good about it.. tomorrow is the weekend, plus I finally joined the gym and got in a quick session in my free lesson (I do literally no exercise!). But of course, something had to give and so I have now picked up a nasty little cold - sore throat and all. If I'm honest, it probably has something to do with my refusal to accept that the cold weather is here to stay and the fact I therefore don't really dress for it, so I'm glad I bundled up a bit today..

Jumper - Topshop; Shorts - Blue Miss; Socks - Primark; Shoes - New Look; Necklaces - Topshop, Dorothy Perkins & Accessorize; Rings - Topshop & H&M.
The bundling up wasn't intentional.. I am just a little bit obsessed with knitwear at the moment! I don't know what it is, but I seem to be stockpiling anything cute & knitted at the moment.. and I'm currently in love with cute, kitsch printed jumpers - some of the Topshop ones are to die for. Maybe a little bit of common sense is invading my style sense, and probably for the better since I've got a cold already! I have to admit, I felt a little plain at first when I got dressed.. which is why I layered on the jewellery to add interest. I'm still a bit of a 'more-is-more' girl at heart - whatever I've said about appreciating fashion basics.

And now you've seen my look, we move on to said pick-me-up.. and it really did cheer me up considering how much like death I feel at the moment! I arrived home, quite glad to be back, and waiting patiently for me was... My H&M delivery!! And not only was it part 3 of the immense order I placed back in July (yes, they took that long to send it), but everything I'd subsequently ordered was all wrapped up in there too - happy days.

Firstly, the final part of my July order - and yes, I'm still a little bitter about how long it took to arrive! But it's just gorgeous in real life. And a total staple. It's the kind of jumper that can either be thrown on for casual perfection, or layered up as in the huge AW trend.. androgyny. It's also so soft I think I might melt when I wear it. Now, do you see what I mean about my current knitwear obsession? It's unhealthy! I will do my best to draw the line here on jumpers though..

Secondly, this maxi dress that I snapped up in the sale - yes, it's summer season, but the graphic print is ubercool, and I can easily bring it into AW with some clever layering and a chunky knit! It's also surprisingly not too long on me, considering it's made for girls at least 6 inches taller than me.. but heels are still a necessity.

Forgive the light.. these are really more brown than red - but I'm sure you'll see soon. These Chelsea boots are the perfect ankle boots for pretty much any outfit - androgynous, heritage, 70s.. teamed with a skirt, jeans, shorts, anything, these will look gorgeous. Cannot wait to wear them now - come on Monday!

I am ridiculously excited that these are here now, I've been waiting impatiently for months and subconsciously plotting what to wear with them all.. Yes, I have fashion on the brain 24/7 - I literally live, breathe and dream it. Can you tell? Honestly, I never expected to be so keen to get back into college, but the chance to wear these gorgeous little pieces makes me wish I could go in tomorrow! But no, tomorrow is Saturday, and I am working (so not even a lie in). Speaking of work, I really should be doing one of my many essays right now, so I'm going to love you and leave you all until tomorrow. Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment