Thursday 20 October 2011

Stylist's block.

Today, despite all my talk of being able to conjure up outfits from the top of my head, I literally had one of those 'argghhhh' moments where I had no idea what to wear. It happens to the best of us - you wake up and your brain just goes blank. This means that while I was mentally rifling through my clothes (I know every single item of clothing I own, and where to find it) I was coming up with nothing. Frustrating. So I decided to go for one of the simplest outfits I've worn in a long time, a failsafe look that can be pulled together even on annoyingly un-creative days.

Blouse - Lefties; Jeans - Dorothy Perkins; Blazer - Topshop; Boots - New Look; Belt - Primark; Earrings - Topshop; Necklace - Accessorize; Bracelet - Pull & Bear; Ring - Parfois.
This look was unbelievably simple to pull together because it really is just my style staples paired up and styled up for a clean, basic and chic look - which is why I am glad I recently realized the value of wardrobe basics and made sure I had some (like jeans, a blazer and long boots) ready to whip out on days when I'm unsure of what to wear. Boots and jeans are a classic combo, and these suede effect ones add a cool 70s style twist, while the bright colour of the blouse keeps it interesting, and a black blazer is another classic autumn cover up. The accessories add cute detail, like the floral skinny belt, and propel this style from simple and boring to clean and chic. Even if I do feel a little Middleton-ish here, it's a look I would happily emulate another day.. but of course not with the exact same clothes! Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment