Tuesday 11 October 2011

High speed styling is the name of the game.

College mornings really are crazy - I'm usually running around trying to brush my hair while throwing on jewellery, then stepping into shoes literally seconds before the door slams behind me. It's an absolute wonder that I manage to look so pulled together every day, but maybe I just function best under pressure.. Either way, I create a new image every day to match my mood - see what I was feeling today..

Blazer & Top - Topshop; Skirt - H&M; Shoes - New Look; Tights - Primark; Bracelet - Pull & Bear; Ring - Dorothy Perkins.
One friend literally walked up to me today and said 'very burlesque today', and I see what she means.. but I like to think I'm just hinting at the fetish trend that lit up AW catwalks. Today was a bit of a mix of the classic, the demure and the fetish - monochrome is classic, the peter pan collar, shoes and general lack of flesh on show is demure and then the lace top combined with a bodycon mini, suspender tights, studded belt & vixen-red lipstick make this look a bit more naughty than nice. Yet not innapropriate. I didn't go all crazy with leather, studs & outrageous celeb-style risque looks, I simply leaned a little more towards fetishism. Personally, I'd say I've found the wearable end of this trend that doesn't look too out of place in a college environment.
 
One thing I am sincerely gutted about is the fact that I put together the perfect outfit under pressured conditions (aka early morning) and then managed to ruin it halfway through the day. I continued my history of massacring tights - these ones are done for completely. Giant hole/rip/ladder thing down the back, meaning I had to power walk into town to pick up some emergency clear nail polish (to stop it spreading of course), then paint it onto my leg in public. Glamorous. Also incredibly difficult & painful to remove at home. So I may have looked glam and pulled together, but in reality I had a miniature disaster and highly unnattractive ripped tights by the end of the day - typical me! Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment