Wednesday 12 October 2011

Cosied up today..

I realised from looking through my posts that I seem to be living in skirts & dresses - they make up about 95% of my outfits. Okay, slight exaggeration.. but the point still stands. Lately my wardrobe is taking a turn for the feminine, with some especially retro-ladylike items creeping in, which is strange considering the huge emphasis on masculine style and trophy trousers this season. That and the horribly frequent Marilyn Monroe moments I keep having (you know what I mean) should make me want to wear trousers, or at least shorts, a lot more than I do. I actually don't know what it is. I know I love feeling girlie etc, but I'm not that girlie. So today I consciously decided to break my pattern and wear shorts..

Cardigan, Top, Tights & Boots - New Look; Shorts - Blue Miss; Ring - Primark; Necklace - Topshop.
What I lacked in girlie skirts, I made up for in heels! This was such a cute, cosy little outfit in comparison to the looks of Monday & Tuesday, like a midweek break from complete character reinvention.. and perfect for the totally depressing weather (it rained while I was out - disappointing). Also, please ignore the wet hair, I was returning from the hairdressers where she hadn't had time to dry it properly.

Since I did have a few spare minutes after my half day & gym sesh, I braved the rain to walk into town and was rewarded..

I picked up this super cute top in the sales in New Look - could not resist the gorgeous flower print (I'm a sucker for florals), scallop-edge collar with the sweet little ribbon and of course the dynamite price tag since it was on sale! This top and the discovery of toffee apple muffins in Burns the Bread - seriously, try them - literally made my day. Totally worth braving the rain for! Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment