Tuesday 25 October 2011

Girlie road trip alert!

Since my friend's have started passing their driving tests I have been itching for a good girlie road trip, and half term presented the perfect opportunity.. Cue me and one of my best friends driving up to Bristol for the a day full of shopping, shopping and more shopping. The chosen location - Cabot's Circus. This place is literally shopping heaven for me - giant versions of all my favourite shops, plus loads that aren't in my nearest town centres, like Urban Outfitters (I lost so much time in there), H&M and even a Harvey Nichols. The day was just perfectly completed by Krispy Kremes for lunch! Here's what I wore for said perfect day..

Shirt - H&M; Skirt - Internacionale; Shoes - New Look; Tights - Primark; Bag - Tous; Bracelet - Pandora; Ring - Rock N Rose; Ribbon (as tie) - from around a gift.
There is an edge of school uniform here I must admit, but it is seriously the cutest uniform I've ever seen! The white shirt did feel a bit too school/work like when I put it on, but by teaming it with a loud leopard skirt and accessorizing quirkily, I think I have pulled it off. And yes, I have used a ribbon in place of a tie. I can't take full responsibility for this, I saw it in a magazine.. but it's a brilliant and unusual way to add some interest to a white shirt and look uber-cute into the bargain. I think it's going to be one of my winter tricks - next stop, the haberdashery!

Obviously, there was no way I was going to go to Bristol without buying anything, but after seriously struggling to fit everything in my drawers yesterday, some restraint was in order. So while I ooh-ed, ahh-ed and lusted after so many things today, I showed incredible self control. And no, limited funds had nothing whatsoever to do with it.

This absolutely stunning sequinned skirt is a complete steal from H&M - I came up the escalator, saw it, and instantly fell in love. I tried to convince myself I didn't need it, but every little part of me screamed 'buy it, buy it now!', and so I did. I then thought of about ten different ways to wear it in about two minutes flat, so I am definitely getting my money's worth out of it!

This nude and black cami had such an air of Topshop effortless cool about it that I almost couldn't believe it was another total bargain from H&M - damn, I love that store! I saw it and imagined how well it would go with the sequinned skirt and immediately hunted down my size. It is unquestionably the kind of basic top that will look cool with pretty much anything, and is therefore worth every penny.

Now these are Topshop. I've been eyeing them for a while and finally decided to bite the bullet and get them. I love the cutesy feel of them, from the amazing gold glittery-ness to the velvet toes and sweet little bows - they are perfect for jazzing up any outfit and would take me from day-wear to party-wear easily. They were also pretty reasonably priced (for Topshop) and very comfortable, which is weird considering my freakishly wide feet..

Anyway, must dash off and do something productive, like French homework, since I've done nothing useful all day (well, nothing conventionally useful.. I'd say shopping is a practical pastime..). Lastly, just a big thankyou and a lot of love and admiration for my friend for driving us there, on the big scary motorway and everything! Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment