Wednesday 5 October 2011

Star Style Obsession - Paloma Faith

You've gotta love a fashion renegade, and one of my favourites is Paloma Faith. My style obsessions are a bit of an eclectic bunch I'll admit, and she joins Gaga in the kooky, crazy, i-couldn't-wear-it-but-they-look-amazing corner. I'd also just like to say that even her name sounds awesome. But anyway, this quirky girl is one of my style icons simply because she is always herself. Her looks are varied, unusual, incredibly OTT and often slated, but she will always dress exactly how she wants to - I admire that so much. I will admit that mere mortals would never be able to dress like Paloma, but that's half the fun. To make day-to-day life beautiful, you need someone out-of-this-world to inspire you.

Starting out with the ever-chic all black, Paloma still makes it quirky with the detailing, and of course her signature fiery hair colour. I totally love those tights - you know how obsessed I am with tights! - and I adore her retro beauty look. She is another one with the air of old Hollywood about her.. well, quirky old Hollywood. But the screen siren red pout is all glamour.

Another monochrome look here, and showcasing one of my favourite things about her wardrobe - her extensive collection of amazing hats & fascinators. This giant hair bow is perfectly Paloma, vintage and quirky all rolled into one. Keeping the outfit monochrome stops it being too much, and lets her hair stand out. I love that she always tries new things too, like the block fringe.

Since she is into all things retro-fabulous, it's no surprise that Miss Faith likes to work leopard print from time to time.. Granted, she's taken it much farther than the usual splash of print and totally clashed it up, but she still looks amazing. Her outfits do tend to make my eyes hurt a little, but I love the way I notice a new detail every time I look at her, and that she not only shows off her personality, but lets every outfit practically scream Paloma. Mortal girls, don't try this much leopard at home however, not many can pull it off. 

It's not just at events/red carpets that she goes all out, oh no, Paloma's street style is just as kooky and just as amazing. Kudos for pulling off this sunshine-yellow number and yet another amazing fascinator.

Being at a festival doesn't mean sacrificing your signature style. These leopard print boots aren't the most practical things for traipsing around fields, but they are incredibly cute. Killer fascinator again - I am now really wishing I had the fashion balls to be more adventurous in the field of headwear! I literally cannot fault her sweet retro look though..

Another festival look, more impractical shoes. This is the most pared-down look I've seen her in, and it is still braver than most. Loving the tonal quality with the blue striped blazer, blue shorts and blue accessories. Also loving the fact she has still thrown in the quirk factor by wearing ankle socks with her heels (very de rigeur) and some flowers in her hair - entering into the festival spirit fully.

Not only is this an incredible look, but she is wearing it in the window of Selfridges, one of the biggest fashion institutions in Britain and home to the most amazing window displays ever. I totally adore this vintage style outfit, she's a complete glamour puss in her glittering dress & retro styling!

This is my favourite look of all. It's almost plain and simple compared to the other more eclectic outfits I've picked out as crush-worthy, but it is so stunning. Paloma is the epitome of retro glamour in this Hollywood style floor-sweeping gown, accessorized with a cute burnt orange fascinator. The curly hair and glossy red lips complete the picture and she looks incredible. Dreaming of looking this amazing one day..

A relatively short appreciation of Paloma, but I am short of time (excuses, excuses!) & just wanted to give you a few reasons why I love her. Although I admit I could never in a million years pull off one of her outfits, her constantly changing look is inspirational to me, and I love how she treats her wardrobe like a dressing up box, while her signature fiery hair and retro makeup look keep her style cohesive. Love and kisses, Tara xox






No comments:

Post a Comment