Thursday 13 October 2011

All weekdays feel the same.

This week is blowing by so fast that I'm not even 100% what day it is any more. Honestly, between being at college day in day out, struggling through the mountain of homework we're expected to do and putting in shifts at work, the days all kind of merge. All I know is that today I rolled out of bed, as per usual, had my usual manic rush around when I would much rather have been asleep, and came up with this look..

Top -New Look; Skirt & Bag - River Island; Ankle Boots - H&M; Tights - Primark; Ring - Parfois; Earrings - TU at Sainsburys.
I think I'm firmly back on girlie grounds here - pink circle skirt, embellished floaty blouse with cute little birds on it.. that's more typically me. It also feels more than a little bit retro too, so maybe the obsessing over Dita Von Teese yesterday influenced this morning's outfit.. not to Dita levels though, I made my look modern with the ankle boots that contrasted with the otherwise impeccably girlie styling. Also, not that I'm feeling smug or anything, pink is one of next season's key shades - and of course the fash pack are already rocking it.. well so am I! And the polka dot tights are just plain awesome.

I always say that it's the little details that make the look, and without the white skinny belt, door knocker earrings and cocktail ring, today's ensemble wouldn't have worked so well. Another detail I want to finally point out is my nail polish! Yes, I had long enough gap between work shifts to make it worthwhile, and this time I went for..

A gorgeous gold polish is the latest colour of choice for my fashionable fingertips. As you well know, metallics are a key trend for this season, especially in beauty. I have been dying to try out this polish since I got it (its by No7), and also dying to work metallics, so I'm pretty in love with my nails right now. A nail polish is a wicked way to try out new colour trends - it's cheaper than buying a new top in a key shade and shows an attention to detail while being bang on trend. I'm thinking this gold polish will get brought out again soon, and I'm already thinking it would be perfect for the festive season that's creeping up on us! Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment