Tuesday 29 November 2011

Tally ho!

After reading Susie Bubble's post about the Ralph Lauren Rugby Tweed Run yesterday (well, it took place at the weekend, I just only caught up yesterday) I felt seriously inspired to work some farm-girl chic - especially after seeing the photos from the event! Check out Style Bubble here for a serious tweed extravaganza, and to see the inspiration for today's belated homage to the Ralph Lauren..

Blazer, Shirt & Boots - H&M; Shorts, Socks & Ring - Primark; Tights - New Look; Earrings - Topshop.
A slightly strange light here.. but moving past that, you'll see I have dressed for the country club today. I had been contemplating doing the double with my tweed pieces for a good while, but I didn't have the guts to do it, despite watching it become one of the hottest fabrics for daytime. Then, like I said, I realised I had missed the Ralph Lauren Rugby Tweed Run, and missed out on a top notch day out cycling around with others dressed equally beautifully, and I decided to go for it. I am glad I did - while I did feel like I should be off on a hack with my fellow horse-riding friends, I also felt quite de rigeur and standout. Dressing smartly never hurt anyone, and as one of my friend's said, tweed is very Chanel. Score. I got a couple of compliments on my outfit too, which only goes to prove that she who dares, wins. Every time I step outside the box and try something a little different, I get complimented, but playing it safe never gets me as much attention. Basically, you know you're doing something right when people are commenting on you.. Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment