Tuesday 15 November 2011

So the internet crashed on me yesterday.

Which led to about an hour of failed attempts at posting, restarting my computer many times to no avail and eventually getting too frustrated and walking away. This now means that today's post will be packed with double the fashion fun - lucky you..

So anyway, yesterday was the start of a new week after the weekend apparently evaporated.. Somehow between paid work, college work and sleep there was not actually much time for anything else, and before I knew it I was rolling out of bed on Monday morning, half panicking and half overtired. And a little bit ill. But hey, no rest for the wicked  - so I dragged my sorry self around college all day, relying on a bright colour and bold print to distract from my general air of want-to-go-home-and-sleep..

Top - Lefties; Blazer & Earrings - Topshop; Skirt, Boots & Rings - H&M; Tights - Primark; Bracelet - Pull & Bear.

Like I said, the raspberry sorbet shade of the blouse combined with a slightly camera-boggling zig-zag print was intended to stop me looking too tired, and I think I have succeeded! I am also even more in love with my ankle boots after seeing a celeb penchant for booties emerging - way ahead of them.. okay, level with 'em. This was, to be honest, a pretty simple little look to put together from separates, and it still looks pretty cool.. not quite winter appropriate, but when do I ever dress appropriately?

Now for today's offering, possibly even less practical for the weather than yesterday! Yes, I was chilly, but I loved what I was wearing.
 
Jumper, Shorts, Shoes & Ring - New Look; Socks & Bag - River Island; Necklace - Topshop; Earrings - Primark.
I went a little tonal today, with the autumnal palette of oranges, maroons and browns.. how seasonal. My absolute favourite part of today's outfit is my amazing Navajo print socks - they add a seriously on-trend twist to the whole outfit and make my little legs look way more interesting. You'll notice I am now a true ponytail convert as well, I've got to admit they are the ultimate in low-maintenance updos that still manage to look good with pretty much any outfit. 

Also wanted to give you all a little close up on probably my most simple, chic nail look so far - this cute nude shade oozes a minimalist, almost Parisian cool. It is a Nails Inc shade which came *free* with Glamour magazine this month (go buy it!) and as well as being a gorgeous, fuss-free colour it is fast drying and easy to apply.. well, Nails Inc is a quality nail polish brand. Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment