Thursday 10 November 2011

A day full of impracticality..

It really should have hit me by now that I need to start dressing 'sensibly' - not only is it a college day where I am on my feet walking around quite a lot, but it is also practically Arctic in the mornings. And it's been this way for a while (too long), plus in all probability it is only going to get worse. So is it vanity, stubborn-ness, pride or just a lack of common sense that makes me ignore all functional elements to what I wear? Every day I work by feeling, and never by practicality.. I should learn more sensible habits. But then a leopard can't change its spots!

Dress - Dorothy Perkins; Blazer, Bracelet & Earrings - Topshop; Boots & Ring - New Look; Tights & Belt - Primark; Necklace - Accessorize.
I was a little more put together today, compared to yesterday's eclectic print mish-mash, which just goes to show how much my personality can change overnight! This dress is a bit of a winter favourite (its a totally cosy but light knit) and I love the 70s feel the long boots add to it. You can die of shock now, because I have worn something three days in a row - yes, my beautiful blazer has gotten another outing and once again goes perfectly. However much I love the main elements, I've got to admit it is the detail that makes this look what it is.. without the red belt, slight floral pattern on the tights and lashings of gold jewellery (including the stunning sale earrings I nabbed at Topshop yesterday) it might have been on the wrong side of simple. Aka dull. Oh and I decided to play around with my hair and makeup a little, the soft half up do again adds a little more interest and fits well with the ladylike aspect of the dress, while I revved up my eye makeup by doing a traditional flick of eyeliner, but in bright blue! Not that you can see it well, but it was there..

Since I'm wearing a knit dress, long boots, tights and a blazer you probably don't see how my day was full of impracticality, but those boots have serious heels - totally inappropriate for dashing up and down the stairs to my lesson (all four of them on the second floor) and still a little bit chilly! The real impracticality commences here however..

..with these! Bought in the ASOS Savvy Sunday sale these amazing 70s style platforms are insanely high and totally not sensible - but that's what I love about them. Deffo not a college shoe, but currently my new favourite pair.. they'll be getting an outing ASAP! Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment