Saturday, 31 December 2011

Au revoir, 2011!

Wow. How has this year gone by so quickly? I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that tomorrow it will be 2012 - my mind is literally boggled. But since it is now the last day of 2011, I can't help but look back on the past year... Cue sentimental reflections and a whole host of New Year's resolutions - this year has been amazing, and 2012 will be too!

I suppose the first thing that springs to mind now is that 5 months ago, on the 1st August 2012, I set this blog up and finally found a release for my fashion obsession. I have been realistic with it I think, I mean I certainly didn't expect to be on the level of bloggers like Susie Lau with thousands of followers and pageviews - right now I am just incredibly proud to have my little band of followers and to have had people commenting. Every comment has made my day. I am also proud that I have stuck with blogging, and dedicated my time to posting something new almost every day (usually when I start things, I get frustrated and give up quickly). It has been 5 months now, and as well as seeing my pageviews go up, I have been able to see my own style develop and hopefully you have too, as well as seeing my writing develop. This blog and these 5 months have decided one thing - I am now more determined than ever to make it as a fashion journalist. I absolutely love writing about fashion, and am determined to make a career out of it. Vogue, here I come.

As well as blogging, 2011 was a year of many other achievements, both personal and academic. Firstly, I completed my AS levels and got 4 As and 1 B, setting me up to do extremely well this year with my A2 subjects and (fingers crossed) get a place in my chosen university - Birmingham. I have also received offers from all 5 of the universities I applied to, and am now in the comfortable position of choosing my top two. On a more personal note, one of my little dreams came true.. I saw Kylie live, front row, she looked at me and smiled.. Yes, I love Kylie - don't judge me. Now my next dream is to actually meet her! I also had an amazing time in India back in April, and then in Madrid in August, so yes, 2011 was an incredible year for me.

Now, looking forward, I can only hope that 2012 will be just as good. Already I have things to look forward to - a trip to Madrid with college in March, my 18th birthday in April, finishing my college study in June and hopefully earning a university place in August. But somehow, the thing that excites me most of all is the sheer potential that 2012 presents. Anything could happen, if I just work hard, take chances and basically grab life with both hands, which is what I intend to do.

It's traditional at this time of year to make resolutions, and I have made a few..

1. Get into Birmingham university by working hard and getting the best grades I can.
2. Still maintain a good work/play balance though.
3. To keep on blogging!
4. Never to wear the same outfit twice.
5. To actually save money for when I am a poor student.

These are my resolutions, what are yours? I hope 2011 has been just as good a year for you as it has to me, and that 2012 is amazing too! Just to wrap up the year, here are my favourite outfits that I have put together - any favourites of yours?




Happy New Year! Love and kisses, Tara xox

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! You love Kylie! I too saw her live this year but was way at the back :(. I love her!!!

    And yeah I can't believe it'll be 2012 v.soon - I so want it to be my year!
    Happy hogmanay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yay, always nice to find a fellow Kylie fan ;) Even at the back I bet she was amazing!
    Happy New Year! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your year's goals, we share pretty much the same ones!! Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. And let's achieve them Arden (: Happy new year xox

    ReplyDelete