Thursday 1 December 2011

The festive season kicks in!

It's officially December now - and the Christmas excitement is palpable. I personally will be whacking on the Christmas tunes while I attempt some essays tonight, and might finally get my wishlist done & handed over! The lights are going up on houses around me, the tree is up at work, and we are trying to sort out seeing family over the holidays.. which means it's close. Unfortunately, what comes with Christmas is cold weather (unless you're a lucky little ducky in Australia, where it's gorgeous weather on the 25th) and that is definitely something I was feeling today, when I had to stand in the rain waiting for the bus, while not exactly dressed to prevent the hypothermia creeping in..
 
Blazer & Ring - Topshop; Dress - Sparkle & Fade at Urban Outfitters; Shoes - New Look; Tights & Belt - Primark; Earrings - TU at Sainsburys; Bracelet - Accessorize.
After yesterday's decidedly ladylike look, today edged into the casually androgynous with this shirt-dress and blazer - but not too far, the cutout detail kept it just feminine enough and stopped it drowning my frame. The belt helps too. I find that unless I cinch in my waist, I have a tendency to look shapeless, so this dress needed a little styling up. Also, not sure if you can tell, but I was rocking newly trimmed, thinned and layered hair today.. as of yesterday, my fringe is no longer so Shetland pony-esque and my hair is ridiculously light and bouncy. I love having my hair cut. Anyway, the other thing that strikes me about this outfit is the autumnal colour palette of khaki, grey, mink and black, which means the time of year is getting to me... Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment