Friday 27 January 2012

Sweet like sugar.

Just for the inconsequential detail, we finally seem to be getting out of winter! It was almost daylight as I was leaving the house today, meaning I jumped at the chance to take pictures outside, and didn't feel quite so mutinous about getting the bus to college at such an inhuman hour because at least it was light.. It wasn't all happy brightness today though - while waiting for the bus home I first got hailed on (pretty hard, it actually hurt) and then got drenched. So apparently the universe doesn't love me that much. Or perhaps it was just a little warning not to get too carried away with the spring fashions just yet..

Cardigan - Dorothy Perkins; Top & Earrings - Miss Selfridge; Skirt - Primark; Tights - F+F at Tesco; Shoes - Topshop; Bracelet - Temporary Secretary; Ring & Necklace - Accessorize.
Today I was channelling the uber-girlie vibe that was floating around on the SS'12 catwalks, opting for sweet nude hues with lashings of lace, embellishment and a scalloped hem. I then could not resist the chance to work my super-chic cardigan in all its monochrome glory - it continues the feminine feel of the outfit, while framing the nude hues so they don't look washed out. I wore my favourite dolly shoes again today, and I love the girlie sparkle they add, but they most definitely didn't keep my feet dry... Another thing I tried out today was going for a very natural makeup look - it's quite unusual for me to have nude lips, but I have seen the soft, natural beauty looks on the catwalk and decided to give it a go myself, going for a little bit of golden eyeshadow instead. Love and kisses, Tara xox

1 comment:

  1. Loove this skirt. reminds me of a ballerina. soo cute
    love, alex

    itsmineimadeit.com

    ReplyDelete