Friday 20 January 2012

Impractical as usual.

It's Friday.. and not a moment too soon! Another week has dragged on by, bringing with it my January round of exams (over now - woo!), the sudden realisation that this (college) year is disappearing into thin air and an unspeakable desire to shop again. Unfortunately, my weekend will not be either restful OR a chance to lose myself in some retail therapy, since I am working Saturday & Sunday.. Anyway, ramblings about my busy old life aside, the other thing that Friday brought was a definite drop in temperatures & an icy wind - making today's outfit vastly inappropriate.

Jumper - New Look; Shorts - Reverse; Shoes - Lime; Tights - Primark; Necklace & Ring - Temporary Secretary; Bracelet - Accessorize; Earrings - TU at Sainsburys.
Okay, okay, I'll confess to taking a jacket too. But this is what I really wanted to look like all day today! I have completely fallen for this jumper now I have christened it by actually taking the tags off and wearing it.. not only is it a totally gorgeous shade of candy pink that makes me feel like a sorbet, but it is also ridiculously slouchy, comfortable and flattering. Hello, spring style staple. To balance the slightly oversized fit of the jumper, I decided to break out one of my many pairs of mini-shorts (I know, totally not sensible in January).  I love my Americana shorts because they are so fun and quirky, different to your average denim pair - they are just not the most winter-appropriate clothing in the world. Especially not when paired with thin mini-dot tights! But cold or not, I loved my outfit today, especially the new jumper and my Temporary Secretary jewellery, so don't expect to see me give up my style for practicality any time soon.. Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment