Friday 6 January 2012

My go-to fashion formula.

I didn't realise this until I saw yesterday's look and today's next to each other on the computer, but I seem to have a bit of a fashion formula that I fall back on when I can't quite think of what to wear. Thinking back, it seems even more obvious. You'll probably notice it when you see today's outfit, or maybe I am just seeing too much detail here..

Top, Tights & Shoes - New Look; Skirt - Internacionale; Ring - Topshop; Bracelet - Temporary Secretary; Earrings - Miss Selfridge.
Do you see what I mean? This is a prime example of my go to outfit - cute top + swishy skirt + interesting tights = typical Tara. I mean, the details like the print, pattern and colour vary quite a lot, but it's the nipped in silhouette and my penchant for tights that surfaces again and again and again... All I'm going to say is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It works, and as long as I keep pulling together different combos I don't mind this little formula. One more thing - in the rush today I didn't get a chance to put on any lipstick, and my lips felt very very naked.

Oh, and of course my trusty New Look coat accompanied me today, I just felt no need to darken such a cheery, sorbet-hued outfit with black, black, black when it wasn't absolutely necessary. I also am going to repeat how much I am dreaming of summer, especially since I picked up the new Elle magazine when I had a spare few minutes. It is packed full of gorgeous SS'12 fashion that I am falling in love with - there are so many different characters to portray this season, so now I have to choose which girl to be! Or shall I just be all of them, a day at a time?

Finally, I just wanted to say THANKYOU to everyone who's been reading and commenting - I hit 10,000 pageviews today! While for a 'proper' famous fashion blog, 10,000 views is achievable in a day or two, for me just starting out it is incredible. I can't quite get my head around the fact that my page has been clicked on so many times, and that people are actually interested in reading my ramblings. Anyway, so much love to you all, thankyou! Love and kisses, Tara xox

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pageviews! And I always go for jeans and a cut3 top. Ain't broke, don't fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou j! It's good to always have a go-to outfit I think, especially if you're in a rush.. xox

    ReplyDelete