Thursday, 10 May 2012

Eating my words.

After the last post I am almost ashamed to post my latest outfit. I was full of the joys of spring dressing, putting my dark clothes behind me and embracing florals and pastels in a way that was almost sickening. Unfortunately, with the disgusting weather playing on my mind and the fact I was dressing for about an hour's worth of being in college before going home and returning to my pyjamas, I am eating my brightly-coloured words and presenting a case of going back to black. 


Top - Primark; Cardigan & Skirt - H&M; Shoes - George at Asda; Earrings, Necklace & Rings - Topshop.

I did have some pops of colour in the outfit (honestly, I couldn't picture a look on me without colour pops) in the scarf print top and bright pink ballet pumps. The whole look was actually originally based around the scarf-print vest, which I have been dying to wear. I was going to try a print clash, but with this particular pattern it felt too much, so I stuck to framing it with black. I did add interest with the oversized polka dot tights, bright shoes, luxe jewellery and a pink lip to keep it fresh and full of personality. It's strange how reverting to black can be comforting and comfortable, considering how much I love colour and print and all things eye-catching. I suppose it is because black is an eternally chic colour (not to mention slimming), that is basic, classic and yet still fashionable.

Love and kisses, Tara xox

12 comments:

  1. Those shoes are lovely - and they're George @ ASDA! Cool bargain!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning outfit, love the tights and shoes, you look amazing.

    kisses from South Africa
    http://www.qhuleque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect dear!love your tights!!
    xoxo=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha you are so funny!!
    I'm the same way black
    is definitely my go to color!
    xoxo
    Shannon
    LuckyNo7

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, the weather is absolutely horrible now, I sweaar I just wouldn't leave the house if I didn't have to. I love your tights, where did you get them from? (I have a huge thing for printed tights!) xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the tights are from Primark! xox

      Delete
  6. just found your blog.
    love it.following you now,
    mind to follow back my blog?thanjs

    ♥,
    claireteressa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute tights!!
    xo
    MOSAMUSE.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great in both, colorful and dark outfits!
    xx s
    www.my-philosophie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with you! Wearing black is always chic but adding in colour is always a nice touch! I love the polka dotted tights and also the skirt in your last post! First time visiting, would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete