Monday 1 August 2011

just to get the ball rolling... my latest buys :)

Just to kick the blog off, these are my latest buys from the last week or so! I'll apologise now for poor picture quality.. I'll improve over time! Just wanted to get them out there, so they were kinda rushed..

I just had to have this gorgeous felt hat, it was a total steal from New Look! The 70s trend is still going strong, so as A/W '11 fashion hits the shops I had to snap it up, ready to add a twist to my day to day outfits.

 When Republic opened a store in Yeovil, and were offering 20% of everything, what more could I do? This top from Crafted was reduced down to £5, and the ripped, cut out detail and faded American flag print drew me in. Perfect for off-duty days, it'll look good with simple styling.

 Another New Look find. Prints are big for A/W '11, as having fun with fashion is very a la mode. This basic vest will look good either clashed with another print for a fashion-forward finish, or simply styled for a more basic, yet stylish look.


I love sales. Got this Warehouse vest for £10 on the Selfridges sale! I love the swingy layer with embellishment.. more fun with fashion!

 I'd had my eye on this Topshop lace crop for weeks, but the niggling thought of not really needing more tops stopped me.. Until I saw that peter pan collars AND lace were here to stay for A/W '11 - it's the perfect mix. And being a little cold in autumn won't stop me wearing it to death..

I've been waiting for these shorts for weeks! As you might be able to tell, I love the whole Americana thing that hit fashion recently, as well as playing around with prints etc.. When these arrived I actually spent the next 45 minutes trying things on with them, so that I now have around 20 different things to wear them with. And I'm going to. 

So, these are my latest purchases.. hope you are getting a taste for my style, and if seeing them laid out hasn't really inspired you, get ready to see me style them up over the next few weeks! Love and kisses, Tara xox



1 comment: