Sunday 7 August 2011

Branching out into beauty..

I couldn't just stick to fashion, when makeup can totally make or break a look.. and when so many hot AW trends are waiting to be tested! But while I'm just staying in on a lazy Sunday afternoon, here are my top makeup essentials, the things I invest in to make myself look good, before going crazy on catwalk style looks.

In no particular order... 

♡ Rimmel Beyond Natural foundation in Light - totally love this because it blends to your skin tone, giving the most natural finish ever. Even in summer it doesn't feel heavy, but does smooth out blemishes and redness. It also doesn't matter if you get a bit of a tan, it'll adapt!

♡ Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral foundation in Cameo - bought this as a foundation originally.. then discovered the Rimmel one instead, and found out that using tiny amounts of this as a concealer is brilliant if you've got a nasty lurker.

♡ Benefit it-stick - another concealer, I know what you're thinking.. how can you have that much to conceal? I only use this lightly on blemishes, or on dark circles to really wake up my eyes. Expensive, yes, worth it, a million percent yes!

♡ Maybelline Pure Blush Mineral in Quartz Peach -  I don't tend to need much blusher, my cheeks get a rosy glow or light tan most of the time, but this one is perfect for the lightest touch of highlighting on your cheekbones, without looking clownish.

♡ Maybelline One by One Volum' Express mascara - a newer discovery, I was totally hooked on the Falsies mascara, then the waterproof Volum' Express.. it was natural progression to this. I use it every day, wherever I go, whatever I do, because it's non-clumpy and creates perfectly defined peepers.

♡ Benefit Moon Beam highlighter - Okay, so this isn't really an essential that I use every day.. But everyone needs a good highlighter! The cool tones of this suit my skin tone, help bring out my cheekbones and tan and make me look totally polished and put together. For a warmer feel, try High Beam.

♡ Carmex Cherry lip balm - I wouldn't leave the house without this. It travels everywhere with me, because it's perfect! SPF, cherry scent, moisturising power for my lips without being OTT shiny, it does everything I could want from a lip balm. My top essential.

♡ GOSH Waterproof Eye Shadow in Love That Gold! - First of all, I got this for a holiday a few years back because I wanted some waterproof makeup for the beach, then I saw how gorgeous it looked on my eyes, and I've been wearing it every time I need a good natural look. The creamy texture and finish means it doesn't wear off, and the subtle colour is all you need to look naturally beautiful with defined eyes.

So there you have it, my little tricks to looking good day in day out, rain or shine.. at least makeup wise! These pieces are so versatile and work so well that I keep coming back to them, even when I try something new, and I think they will be my makeup bag staples for years to come.

Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment