Sunday 14 August 2011

Fashion Confession.

Here comes the second of my revealing little confessions...

I would rather be overdressed than underdressed.

I know, I know, it's supposedly better to be fashionably underdressed, because then you never look too put-together or try-hard, and yes, I envy those who can turn up looking thrown-together yet perfect (Alexa Chung, anyone?) but I feel much more confident dressed up than down. Regardless of where I'm going  - a party, shopping trip, nipping down to Tesco - I would rather be overdressed, and know I look good. This means I put my outfits together carefully, always wear makeup when I leave the house, and think about the little details, like accessories. Obviously, I have my limits.. my best dress doesn't need to come out for the supermarket, but when the opportunity arises, I go all out. I feel SO much more comfortable when I stand out, and know I look good, than if I think I look scruffy or too casual, like I just slapped any old thing on. One of my most uncomfortable moments recently was walking up to the gym in leggings, a vest and trainers - looking awful! So go on, say this shows a lack of self esteem or something like that, but honestly, I will always choose dressing up - more is more! Love and kisses, Tara xox




No comments:

Post a Comment