Saturday 20 August 2011

I'm the spirit of my hair, it's all the glory that I bear..

My hair is my absolute favourite feature, and therefore I look after it pretty well - it's my pride and joy! It's also a defining part of me, a good way to point me out in a crowd has always been 'the short one with really long hair'. Add to that the fact that it is incredibly thick (every hairdresser I've had says it is the thickest they've ever cut), and basically the best bit of me, and you'll understand that it is quite high maintenance. Okay, I'll admit that I only wash it twice a week, because it just doesn't get greasy or dirty that quickly, but it does take at least half an hour just to wash it properly. 

Before you think I'm just incredibly vain about my hair, this isn't a 'Tara's Hair Appreciation Post', I'm actually going to share my haircare essentials with you, and exactly how good they are! 

First up, my shampoo of choice.. I Love Juicy, by Lush. I've been using this shampoo for years now, not only because it is gorgeously fruity and smells amazing, but because it makes my hair super shiny and soft. It is also brilliant for getting my hair squeaky-clean, great after a sandy, salty day at the beach, or if I've used a load of product. 

Next up, Pantene Colour Protect & Smooth Conditioner. I have only been using this for a few months, after seeing the adverts and deciding to give it a go.. Turns out that it is a brilliant product for those of us who dye our hair - it honestly does make the colour last better, as well as making hair sleeker and softer. Basically, it does what it says on the bottle, and smells fresh and clean too!


Another Pantene product, the Colour Protect 2 Minute Damage Rescue Treatment - another recent find, I use it every time I wash my hair, just in case the straightening frazzles it. Again, does exactly what it says - helps rescue damaged hair, without taking ages! This is definitely an essential.

As I said, I do like to stop my hair frazzling when I straighten it, so every time I do I prep my locks with VO5 Heat Protect Styling Spray. Another one that smells great (I'm starting to think that's all I look for in a hair product..), this is brilliant for even protection against heat, and the little spray bottle lasts a while too.

My final hair essential is Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush. While my hair in general doesn't get too greasy, my fringe does - especially in hot weather (not that we'd know much about that here in Britain), so dry shampoo revives it. Batiste is affordable, yet a bit of a miracle worker, and Blush has my favourite smell of them all. Next week in Madrid I'll be living off this stuff.

Those are my hair essentials - I continually stock up on them, and running out would be a crisis. You also now know that my look is hardly 100% natural.. My hair is dyed (but not vastly different to my natural hue) and straightened and takes a lot of work! I'll let you know if I find any new miracle products, but it will take a lot to beat these out of my bathroom. Love and kisses, Tara xox

1 comment: