Wednesday 8 February 2012

Keep calm & go shopping.

Only two more days until half term.. That's not much to get through. Only 9 more classes, two more long days with early starts, and two more outfits left of this half term. Seriously, where is the time going? I am so looking forward to half term, because it should be a chance to relax (well apart from coursework, homework and actual work) and maybe even sneak a lie in.. For now, I was happy enough that today was at least Wednesday - which, since it is a half day, means I get the car (which still excites me!), I only have two lessons and there is usually some fun to be had in the afternoon...

Shawl - River Island; Jumper - New Look; Shorts - Blue Miss; Tights - F+F at Tesco; Shoes - Topshop; Earrings - Miss Selfridge; Ring & Bracelet - Accessorize; Necklace - Republic.
After yesterday's monochromatic look, I just had to break out some serious brightness. Pastel colours (such as the candyfloss-pink displayed on my slouchy jumper) and baroque prints (like my gorgeous shawl) are huge trends for SS'12, but I am not entirely convinced that the designers championing them meant the two to be combined.. But ah well. Taking on board the more-is-more, anything-goes, so-wrong-it's-right vibe pervading the catwalks I decided that since I felt comfortable in it, then it probably works! Oh, and you might have noticed something unusual here - my hair is up! I rarely have the time or inclination to try my hair in any manner other than down and straight (if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?) but today I just had the urge to do a different style. Admittedly, it's only a ponytail, but for me that is unusual, okay!

Since it was a half day today, I picked my mum up from her work (she finishes early-ish too) and we went for a quick shopping trip. Yes, all I do is shop. I didn't actually buy much, but the accumulation of that and a little package from H&M made today's haul pretty lovely.

I started off in Topshop, unashamedly picking up a pair of cute studs in the remnants of the sales - at that price I just could not say no to these elegant, ladylike earrings. I will admit that I mostly wear big, long earrings, but every so often a pair of studs like these comes in handy, like if I am wearing a statement necklace. These are pretty classic, so they should last a fair few seasons.

I also finally gave in and bought one of these scallop-edged vest tops from Topshop. Every single season I have been tempted by these because they come in such a rainbow of colours and are delightfully simple, yet detailed enough not to be dull, but I had held back because of the price and the fact that I simply did not need a vest top. However, when I walked in and saw one in this stunning shade of mint green my resolve crumbled and I snapped it up! Mint is one of my favourite colours for spring (yes, Gaga was right) because it is not only a super-pretty pastel ice-cream shade, but it is very flattering. Love this.
 
After passing my test I decided that it had become appropriate to personalise my car a little, and so far that has only stretched to sunglasses, spare flats for driving and blasting out Lana Del Rey at every opportunity. So when I was browsing Accessorize and saw this cute air freshener with a vanilla scent (one of my favourite scents ever!) it looked perfect. This will be hanging from my mirror as of tomorrow morning!

And now we reach the little H&M parcel. This double ring is just so cute and quirky, the perfect added detail to pretty much any outfit!

This dress was a total bargain, and was basically screaming 'buy me!' from the H&M website and catalog - I simply love the graphic, blue poppy print and simple shape. Print is obviously a huge trend this season, and florals have definitely gone digital (thanks in large part to Mary Katrantzou), so this is the perfect pattern.. not to mention the fact that blue is a hot colour too, with different shades cropping up all over the catwalks. This could easily be layered with a chunky knit and boots, clashed with more patterns or even belted and dressed up in a slightly retro way - I can't wait to wear it.

All in all, today has been pretty good! What do you all think of today's look & mini-haul? Love and kisses, Tara xox

5 comments:

  1. Gaga was right about mint! Love the shawl you're wearing. Following you now lovely!
    stylesplice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice shawl!!!
    LifeStyle Journal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follow you too now! Thanks!
    Leti :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ring you bought :)
    -->Take a look at my blog<-- i will be grateful :)

    ReplyDelete